Montessori is a window to the outside world for toddlers. Montessori education is important for encouraging empathy, fostering independence, supporting the spirit of inquiry, and probing deep into children’s minds to make emotional connections. Giving a good start to your children can make them enthusiastic, confident, diligent, and self-directed. If you’re looking for the best Montessori schools in Bangalore, here’s all the information you need.
The Unique Aspects Of Montessori Teaching & Learning
- Ensuring Belongingness
Montessori education is a toddler’s first step away from their home’s safe and familiar environment and toward the unknown and unfamiliar school settings. A classroom with 3-year-olds from diverse family backgrounds recreates a family-like structure. Children feel they belong to a close, caring community. They pick up significant values like care, kindness, respect, etc., modelled by their teachers.
- Encouraging Socio-Emotional Development
Maria Montessori’s teaching methodology has proven its effectiveness in aiding child development for more than a century. It motivates children to cooperate and share resources. The classroom activities are developed to teach children to respect, care for, and help each other.
- Nurturing The Pursuit Of Curiosity
Preschoolers are curious about everything around them. Children have the freedom to learn from their mistakes: constructive feedback, acknowledgement, and compliments aid internal satisfaction, which motivates children to learn more. Children have the freedom to learn from their mistakes: constructive feedback, acknowledgement, and compliments aid internal satisfaction, which motivates children to learn more. Teachers at the best Montessori schools in Bangalore create an environment based on question-answering, hands-on experimentation, and exploration that allows students to find answers to mysteries.
- Discovering Unique Learning Styles
As we know, every child has a different and unique learning style. Montessori education includes rhymes, storytelling, reading, music, dance, games, free play, children’s movies, etc. They help children explore different learning styles and encourage them to learn at their own pace.
- Establishing Independence & Order
The best Montessori schools in Bangalore design their classrooms, learning materials, activities, and routines to encourage curiosity and self-regulation (or the ability to think and educate oneself). Children learn to listen to and follow instructions through many learning resources, get into a routine, collaborate with peers over activities, and form opinions on various topics. Little ones enjoy trying new things with their peers, feel supported, and form friendships. It builds their self-esteem and gives them the courage to settle outside their homes.
- Instilling a Self-Correcting Approach
Preschoolers in a classroom have freedom within limits set by the educators. With their teacher’s feedback, they learn to recognise their mistakes, differentiate “good and bad behaviour”.
Montessori Learning At Ekya Schools
Ekya Schools believes in ensuring “learning through doing,” not just instruction, at the Montessori level. Their personalised, in-house curriculum nurtures the spirit of inquiry by stimulating all five senses to maximise the learning output. Teachers constantly monitor interactions, encourage careful observation, and ask questions for children to probe deeper into concepts. The focus is on developing independence, responsibility, and a love for learning, with engaging activities at the core of its learning methodology. Their curriculum involves a blend of structured and unstructured activities to ensure readiness for higher grades.
The Main Components
Considering the importance of free and structured play in fine-tuning motor skills & developing focus, teachers arrange activities that allow children to learn through engaging experiences. E.g., age-appropriate sports, puzzles, sand play, water play, gardening, etc.
- Sensorial Activities
Children form a perspective about the world based on specific parameters at this age. E.g., length, size, shape, colour, sound, taste, smell, texture, etc. Teachers use these stimuli to encourage acute observation, judgement, and decision-making in children.
- Reading & Comprehension Development
Ekya Schools cultivate an early reading habit to foster a lifelong love of books. They implement an age-appropriate reading programme with storytelling and related activities to expand students’ vocabulary, comprehension, and literacy.
- Worldly Exposure
Students are introduced to festivals, annual days, seasonal events, and ‘special days’ (like grandparent’s day, environment day, etc.) to generate awareness about their nation, culture, and society.
- Skill Development
Toddlers are indulged in activities that refine their hand-eye coordination, balance, motor skills, limb strength, mental concentration, etc. E.g., cutting and pasting, origami, fingerprinting, jumping, hopping, dancing, having one’s meals, following toilet etiquette, etc. Children learn to manage themselves and their lifestyles with repeated practice and develop critical life skills.
The Benefits Of Ekya Schools’ Early Years Programme
- Since the emphasis is on tangible (not abstract) learning, toddlers retain information.
- With a personalised and differentiated curriculum, your child can learn and explore independently.
- Preschoolers learn age-appropriate socio-emotional skills that help them interact with peers and adults.
- The importance of structures, routines, limits, and expectations is set with a fixed classroom timetable and school calendar.
- Teachers ask questions, hold discussions, and model activities that develop an understanding of respect, boundaries, and values. Once understood, children can imitate these values in different situations.
- Inside the classrooms, students can choose resources and activities and work on their terms. This facilitates the development of active imagination, creative thinking & expression.
- Ekya Schools focus on major developmental milestones throughout the formative years. Children are involved in a range of activities. E.g., art & craft, reading, writing, music & movement, dance & drama, excursions, nature walks, cooking, fireless baking, pottery, puppetry, etc. These activities develop age-appropriate soft and motor skills. E.g., active listening, communication, leadership, literacy, numeracy, etc.
Choosing the Ekya Schools’ Montessori programme can give your child a great start in life. Are you looking for the following:
- best international schools in Bangalore,
- best ICSE schools in Bangalore, or
- Best CBSE Schools in Bangalore?
Click to discover why Ekya Schools is the best Montessori school in Bangalore.