“Some people worry that artificial intelligence will make us feel inferior, but then, anybody in his right mind should have an inferiority complex every time he looks at a flower,” says Alan Kay, the most renowned American computer scientist, and some of them consider him the father of the personal computer.
Table of Contents
Before dwelling into ChatGPT, in simple terms, let us understand AI or Artificial Intelligence.”Artificial Intelligence is the science of making machines think like humans,” says Aruna Pattam, an AI and Data Science expert. says Alan Kay, the most renowned American computer scientist, and some of them consider him the father of the personal computer.
AI can process large amounts of data, similar to humans but slightly more efficiently. It reads the data, understands its underlying pattern and structure, and provides relevant and refined outputs.
ChatGPT is a conversational language model. In simple terms, an AI that answers questions or performs text-based tasks. All the results produced by ChatGPT are text-based. Other AI models can create images, audio, and video outputs.
Google is a search engine, i.e., it continuously collects and updates a vast collection of information from various sources on the internet. This information includes audio, video, images, and text, and it covers a wide range of topics contributed by people from different fields.
ChatGPT’s Large Language Model (LLM) is trained on an extensive and diverse dataset, including books, articles and websites. Unlike Google, it does not rely on external internet sources to generate answers.
The topic of AI in education has sparked numerous debates, particularly concerning its impact on the population that relies on rote learning and memory-based assessments as the primary means of cultivating creativity and cognitive intelligence. “The traditional education systems centred around these practices are on the verge of becoming obsolete as the demand for progress in dynamic, immediate learning experiences is set to surge significantly.”
Ekya Schools has always believed in preparing students for future challenges and equipping them with skills and knowledge to thrive in a rapidly changing world. Our response to the challenge posed by AI tools like ChatGPT, Midjourney, Perplexity, Curipod, and Slides AI.io impacting assessments and learning methods has been to embrace digital transformation in education. This proactive approach benefits both educators and students.
Our passionate educators and curriculum designers are eternal learners, constantly finding ways to manage time while improving lesson plans, presentation skills, and curriculum by integrating the newest pedagogical approaches and technology in classrooms.
“The role of AI in education is simply as a tool to augment and not replace human skills.”
At Ekya Schools, we see AI as a complementary educational aid for both educators and students.
1. gotFeedback by gotLearning – to generate personalised feedback for students
2. Conker – to quickly create multiple choices, read and respond, and fill-in-the-blank quizzes.
3. ChartGPT – to convert texts into charts and graphs.
4. Expontum – a quick way to identify knowledge gaps and previous research projects.
5. Magicschool.ai – assists in various tasks such as lesson planning, differentiation, assessment creation, composing Individualised Education Programs (IEPs), enhancing communication clarity, and more.
6. ChatGPT – allows the exploration of new teaching methods, provides quick answers, generates resources and ideas to conduct interactive activities and more.
Educators benefit by establishing a creative and profoundly interactive classroom environment through AI-based software. Such sessions undoubtedly enhance student engagement, effectively boosting their ability to apply their skills to real-life challenges.
Significant aspects of students’ learning process, such as cognition and comprehension, retention and memory, application and transfer, critical thinking, problem-solving, creativity and innovation, collaboration and communication, self-regulation and more, are addressed and met in experiential classroom learning.
“Undoubtedly, AI has opened up a new avenue and learning methods for students.”
2. Focused Practice for Improvement – AI will tailor quizzes and other practice exercises for gradual improvement based on a student’s learning pace.
3. Visual Mapping – Visual learning, the most effective method for understanding and retaining information, is now possible across all subject areas, significantly enhancing children’s learning capacities.
Example: SlidesAI.io & Curipod
4. Collaborative Learning – Students can now collaborate with anyone from anywhere in the world, breaking down geographical barriers and fostering a global exchange of ideas and perspectives.
Example: Kailo Edu
5. Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary Learning – AI’s ability to simplify complex concepts and ideas has allowed students to learn from and understand renowned published work from across the globe.
Example: AskYourPDF, Perplexity
“Text-based AI like ChatGPT has simplified and enriched students’ learning process.”
Using diverse AI tools has allowed them to re-analyse and restructure their learning pattern, expand and correct their knowledge, and elevate their ideas through beautifully visual and simplified text-based content.
With the introduction of ChatGPT, simple assignments such as “Write an essay on Pollution” or “Briefly elaborate on the life and works of Shakespeare” no longer pose a challenge for students. To truly encourage the imaginative capacities of those young minds, educators must venture beyond the confines of what ChatGPT can easily and quickly generate.
“ChatGPT allows students to leverage vase databases to improve their learning.”
1. Factual Accuracy – Students can now be accurate in their assignments and learn beyond what is taught in class.
2. Enhanced Creativity – To get those extra points from the teacher or impress their friends, students can be extra creative in how they draft their essays.
3. Critical Feedback – Once they write an essay, they can upload it to ChatGPT, asking for constructive feedback, which improves their writing strategies, conversation style and tonality over time.
4. Improve Writing – Great writing exercises from ChatGPT allow children to hone their writing skills consistently. Even if children copy lines generated by AI, they unconsciously practise the most formal way of writing.
5. Ask Right Questions – Asking writing questions only improves one’s critical thinking ability and problem-solving skills, and it is possible when children provide prompts to ChatGPT to generate answers.
Students can utilise ChatGPT by OpenAI to guide themselves in creating the best and most creative assignments.
Amid the march of technology, with generative AI models now at our fingertips, evaluating work and encouraging active student participation is challenging. Nonetheless, the vision and mission of Ekya Schools is to embrace digital evolution by integrating these advancements into the ongoing learning areas while reshaping and reThinking traditional schooling to foster a community of learners, thinkers, doers and changemakers.
A few heartwarming moments of progress in traditional learning that have taken place within and beyond classrooms:
Ekya is one of the best schools in Bangalore where children find a world beyond the boundaries of classrooms; 5 campuses spread across Bengaluru – Ekya BTM, Ekya Byrathi, Ekya ITPL, Ekya NICE Road, Ekya JP Nagar. To learn more about our pioneering education and learning philosophy, visit us at www.ekyaschools.com, find your closest campus here or reach us at 080-46809096.
अगर किसी भी व्यक्ति को किसी भी कार्य में सफलता पानी है तो इसके लिए उसे स्वस्थ होना बहुत ही आवश्यक है, क्योंकि जब तक स्वास्थ्य अच्छा नहीं होगा तब तक सफलता प्राप्त नहीं की जा सकती। किसी भी व्यक्ति के सफलता में उसकी जीवन शैली सबसे महत्वपूर्ण होती है,इसलिए किसी भी इंसान को सफल होने के लिए अपनी जीवन शैली या जीवन कौशल को सुधारना सबसे जरूरी होता है। जीवन कौशल वो सकारात्मक योग्यता है जो व्यक्ति को रोजमर्रा की जरूरतों तथा कठिनाइयों से गुजरने में समर्थ बनाती हैं।
क्या है जीवन कौशल? (What is life skill?)
हर इंसान के जीवन में उसका सकारात्मक व्यवहार व आउट-स्पोकन, वह योग्यता होती है जो उसको सफल बनाती है। किसी भी व्यक्ति की आउट-स्पोकन उसके जीवन को दिशा देती है। अगर किसी के जीवन में आउटस्पोकन, समय प्रबंधन, सात्विक चिंतन, संबंधों में सुधार, स्वयं की देखभाल के साथ-साथ पूर्णतावादी होना जैसी जीवन कौशल है, तो वह अपने जीवन में चुनौतियों का सामना कर सकता है।
आउटस्पोकन होना (Be Outspoken)
आउटस्पोकन होना एक ऐसा कौशल है जो हमारी भावनाओं, आवश्यकताओं, इच्छाओं तथा विचारों के स्पष्ट तथा विश्वासपूर्ण संप्रेषण में सहायक होता है। यह ऐसी योग्यता है जिसके द्वारा किसी के निवेदन को स्वीकार करना, किसी विषय पर बिना आत्मचिंतन के अपने मत को अभिव्यक्त करना, प्रेम, क्रोध इत्यादि को अभिव्यक्त करना संभव होता है। यदि आप आउटस्पोकन हैं तो आप में उच्च आत्म-विश्वास एवं आत्म-सम्मान तथा अपनी अस्मिता की एक अटूट भावना होती है।
समय प्रबंधन करना (Time Management)
कोई भी इंसान जिस तरह अपना समय व्यतीत करता है वह आपके जीवन की गुणवत्ता को निर्धारित करता है।। समय प्रबंधन का प्रमुख नियम यह है कि आप जिन कार्यों को महत्व देते हैं उनका परिपालन करने में समय लगाएं या उन कार्यों को करने में जो आपके लक्ष्य प्राप्ति में सहायक हो।
संतुलित आहार व्यक्ति की मन: स्थिति को ठीक कर सकता है, ऊर्जा प्रदान कर सकता है, मांसपेशियों का पोषण कर सकता है| संतुलित आहार व्यक्ति की रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को मजबूत बना सकता है तथा व्यक्ति को अधिक अच्छा अनुभव करा सकता है। जिससे वह जीवन में आने वाले दबावों का सामना और अच्छी तरह से कर सके।
व्यायाम ऐसी प्रक्रिया है जिससे हम अपने शरीर की देखभाल करते है। बड़ी संख्या में किए गए अध्ययन, शारीरिक स्वास्थ्य एवं स्वास्थ्य के बीच सुसंगत सकारात्मक संबंधों की पुष्टि करते हैं। व्यायाम जीवन शैली में वह परिवर्तन है जिसे व्यापक रूप से लोकप्रिय अनुमोदन प्राप्त हैं। नियमित व्यायाम वज़न तथा दबाव के प्रबंधन में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाता है तथा दबाव, दुश्चिंता एवं अवसाद को घटाने में सकारात्मक प्रभाव प्रदर्शित करता है। अच्छे स्वास्थ्य के लिए जो व्यायाम आवश्यक है, उनमें तनाव या खिंचाव वाले व्यायाम जरूरी है। जहाँ खिंचाव वाले व्यायाम शांतिदायक प्रभाव डालते है, वहाँ वायुजीवी व्यायाम शरीर के भाव-प्रबोधन स्तर को बढ़ाते हैं।
By Ms. Shivani Singh Teaching Staff Ekya Schools, JP Nagar
1. Fast-Paced LifestyleEngaging in numerous tasks within a tight timeframe due to the high activity level often poses a challenge for maintaining complete focus on a single task.
2. Multi-Task CultureAs a consequence of a fast-paced lifestyle, frequent switches in focus between various activities and inputs can lead to attention deficit.
3. Short Entertaining ContentConstant overflow of quick bursts of infotainment has accustomed us to follow similar patterns in our daily tasks, even those requiring a longer attention span.
4. Know-it-all CultureInstant access to information and expertise has contributed to fleeting attention as we rely on quick answers and surface-level knowledge. All the above-mentioned factors permeate your daily lives, creating a challenging environment for maintaining focus. It is essential not only to recognise the direct influences on your children but also to be mindful of certain indirect aspects affecting them.
1. More Play TimeContrary to common belief, the best way to observe children naturally focusing for more extended periods is by letting them fully engage their high energy outdoors. After substantially expending their energy, they naturally settle down and enjoy focusing on what's in front of them, much like during play-time.
2. Wake-up MusicVarious researches on ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) recommend music therapy to promote attentiveness and improve focus among children. This is the simplest way to elevate little ones' focus effortlessly. Play focus music before they wake up, filling their environment with attentive energy. Here are a few songs you can begin with right away: Morning Music, Buddha's Flute, and Study Focus Music.
3. Redefine TasksAlways refrain from labelling homework as boring. Instead, embrace a positive approach by redefining tasks children might typically dislike. For instance, instead of presenting studying or homework as a chore, refer to it as a focused, fun exploration period. This method of transforming perspective simply by positive and enthusiastic words encourages engagement and enthusiasm among young ones.
4. Right NutritionPrioritising nutritious food is crucial because your diet shapes you. Opting for energising choices like fruits and nuts during the mornings enhances clarity and focus. Including spinach and other greens in their afternoon meal supplies vital daily nutrients. Lastly, a dinner platter with lean protein such as paneer or tofu paired with roasted vegetables and a whole grain roti or quinoa pulav, with fewer spices, is ideal for a peaceful night's rest. As you create a focused environment within your home, finding a similar one outside is crucial for your children. This could involve enrolling them in performing arts, visual arts and sports classes such as dance, painting, swimming, or karate, among others. These activities help them channel their energy and build a life of discipline. Selecting a school that genuinely nurtures and amplifies their natural development is of utmost importance.