This month, our Grades IX-XII students of Ekya School ITPL had the wonderful opportunity of visiting the ASC Centre. When they arrived, they were greeted by greenery and fresh air. Col. Sushant explained the role of the ASC and took the students around the place. He explained that over the course of around a hundred years, the ASC has served in over 25 countries, including Ceylon, Korea, Somalia, China, and Antarctica.
India, having the third largest standing army in the world has many stories to tell. Our students were lucky to hear some of these interesting stories from Col. Sushant. They then visited the ASC Museum, where weapons, arms, uniforms, medallions, aeroplanes, and vehicles were on display. The students also visited the war memorial and paid their respects to all the brave soldiers who laid down their lives for our country.
The highlight of the visit was watching the ASC soldiers practising for the 2019 Republic Day celebrations. It was a wonderful parade exhibited with immense discipline and precision. The band complemented them wonderfully. The timing of the visit just before our 72nd Independence Day couldn’t have been better.
More From Ekya School ITPL
- Special Assembly by Grade I at Ekya School ITPL
- Expert Talk by Prof. Murali at Ekya School ITPL
- Expert Talk on Internet Security by Mr. Manikantan, CTO, Abstream Technologies
- Ekya School ITPL at Indian Institute Of Science – INCOSURF 2018
- An insider look at the Teacher’s Day celebrations at Ekya ITPL