For Admissions, Call: 080 - 46809096 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bringing an international perspective to the Ekya pedagogy, Cambridge IGCSE is a passport for our students to join a community of learners from more than 10,000 schools in over 160 countries. Cambridge IGCSE is recognized by leading universities and employers worldwide as evidence of exemplary academic ability. Here are some of the frequently asked questions.
What is IGCSE?
• The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a comprehensive two-year programme, distributed over Class 9 and 10. The final examination will be taken at the end of Class 10.
• It is a globally recognized qualification, similar to the Class 10 examinations of the SSC, ICSE, CBSE, British GCSE, International GCE O Level examinations or the Middle Years Programme of the IB.
• All Indian Boards and Universities accept IGCSE as equivalent to SSC/ICSE/CBSE.
• The IGCSE programme has worldwide status and credibility. In India, the course is delivered in over 130 schools with the number rising each year.
• Worldwide, it is delivered in schools in over 160 countries and is recognised by colleges and universities in India and everywhere, more so in the USA, UK and other Commonwealth countries.
How is an international curriculum beneficial?
• The world is moving towards globalisation in every sphere and there is a need for a Global education to enable global citizens.
• Additionally, students need to learn different skills and have awareness towards humanity and social concepts.
• Teaching methodologies need to evolve and keep in sync with the latest to be able to capture the potential of the student
• Students today need to be out of the box thinkers, creative doers, open to taking risks and thinking differently to manage in today’s corporate world.
• They need to have excellent communication skills and manage people effectively
• The way that students learn today needs to be revisited and adapted to the current trends
• They need to be well rounded and well-adjusted individuals
Why IGCSE (Cambridge Curriculum)?
• IGCSE is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education.
• It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students.
• It gives exposure to different and innovative learning methodologies as compared to the other systems.
• Many international universities prefer students from this stream of education.
• This curriculum is suited for students wanting a global perspective.
• This curriculum is not only suited for those wishing to go abroad for higher education, but for anyone who wants an international stream of education.
• It helps develop knowledge, understanding and skills in:
o Subject matter
o Application in new and unfamiliar situations
o Intellectual enquiry
o Flexibility and responsiveness to change
o Communication in English
o Enabling and Influencing outcomes
o Increasing Cultural awareness.
What does CIE offer?
• Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) lead the way worldwide in raising educational standards with the introduction of their IGCSE and A level study program.
• CIE have structured their teaching methods with planning and precision to align the requirements at a global level.
• Quality assurance is provided with ongoing teacher training workshops and regular evaluation and support.
• It thus aims to be a world leader in offering students and parents the very best of modern education.
What is the next step after IGCSE?
After IGCSE, a student is eligible for any 10+2 level qualification like: Local Boards – Class 12 CBSE/ ISC /HSC. Or International pre-university programs like IBDP and AS/A levels(UK)
Advantages of IGCSE?
• It gives an international perspective to studies
• It is a well recognised qualification in the world.
• The assessment techniques check the problem-solving skills, time-management skills, practical and oral skills, initiative and application of skills, knowledge, and understanding.
• The curriculum steers away from rote memory and mugging.
• Wider range of subjects to choose from
• IGCSE is a balanced curriculum and a flexible course of study.
• It encourages high academic standards through a practical approach to teaching and learning.
Can a Cambridge student take any of the Indian Competitive exams like IIT?
The course content of Cambridge for the Sciences and Mathematics is in line with the prescribed syllabus of all India open entrance tests for Engineering or Medicine undergraduate studies. All IIT’s and other specialized institutes recognize Cambridge AS/A level. Furthermore, this curriculum is more practical and application based. The focus is on the student’s knowledge, reasoning power and problem-solving abilities which are required to clear all professional entrance exams.
What subjects should you take if you want to pursue Engineering/Medicine?
Physics, Chemistry and Math at the Higher Level are recommended for students interested in Engineering, either in India or overseas.
Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are required for studying medicine in India. Medicine in the UK requires 2 Higher Level sciences. Medicine in the US and Canada is a postgraduate degree.
Are colleges in India ready for the International Curriculum?
All Higher education institutes in India recognise the A/AS level for entry into the Bachelor’s degree program.
Is the staff well trained to conduct Cambridge Programmes?
Cambridge provides online and face-to-face training courses for their teachers so that they have complete knowledge and skills to deliver Cambridge curricula successfully. It is mandatory for every teacher to go through the training.
Recruitment process of teachers is stringent with three rigorous steps which include – questionnaire session, demo classes and interactive session with subject experts. Recruited teachers undergo intensive training.
Can the student be shifted back to CBSE?