Your child has questions regarding the Coronavirus disease. We at Ekya believe how you respond to your child is more important and crucial than just providing the answers. Here’s how you can motivate your child to stay positive in the midst of the Covid-19 outbreak by encouraging them to follow these simple yet effective steps.
Track your child’s health
- Check for symptoms of COVID-19, particularly fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- If your child shows symptoms of Covid-19, keep him/her at home and keep them isolated from others.
- If there are signs of illness similar to that of Covid-19 such as cough, cold, fever, and breathlessness, you must ensure your child is kept indoors or at home. You can follow the WHO guidelines on “Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public.”
Strengthening precautionary actions with teaching
- As a parent, encourage your child to sanitize his/her hands. Educate your children on why handwashing can help curb the virus from transmitting to others.
- Wash your hands in front of your child to reinforce the importance of having clean hands.
Spend more time with your child
- With limitations of space, it could be a stressful time for your child. Find some time to spend a couple of minutes outside. Get some fresh air in a safe environment.
- Take a few activity breaks during the day to keep your child healthy and focussed.
- Let your child be socially connected with family and friends via call or video chat.
- Be supportive of your children if they show signs of stress. Discuss and listen to the social and emotional needs of your child.
How are you addressing your child’s curiosity in times of such crisis? Share your reflections in the Comment Box below or write in to us at email@example.com .