We had the amazing opportunity to attend an art camp at CMR University and interact with artists from different parts of India. Each artist had a unique style of art. We saw acrylic/oil paintings, oil pastel art, and artwork with charcoal. It was incredible how artists used the medium of canvas and paint to create original works of art.
We learned about woodcut art, which was used to make more than one copy of a piece before machines were invented. We observed how artists use different tools and materials to produce their desired results. Usually, in art galleries, we see the finished product, but here we saw work in progress and the steps it takes to complete an art piece. Outside the art room, we also saw metal sculptures in the making.
The fun part is, we dug our hands in paint and created our own artwork. The entire experience was fun and educative.
More stories from our schools
- Ekya Schools in the USA: The NASA Experience
- Art Competition at Ekya School ITPL
- Work Exposure Programme at Ekya Schools – The Actors Collective
- Ekya School visits Bannerghatta National Park
- The Amazon Rainforest, the Beauty of the Wild – By Aisiri Haritsa, Grade VIII, Ekya School BTM Layout