At Ekya, we have ensured the safety and security of our students are met not just within the school campus but also while using school transportation. Some of the safety measures that we have incorporated –
- GPS tracking systems are installed on all our school buses which let us monitor their locations.
- Each bus has a lady attendant who accompanies the students during pickup and drop-off. A few of our teachers join them in the morning.
- Our drivers and attendants have been given strict instructions, in terms of their behaviour on the bus. They are always seated in the front of the bus and not with the children.
- Workshops are conducted for our security staff, drivers, and attendants at regular intervals to reiterate the importance of their duty and sensitize them regarding the safety of our students.
- Parents are requested to lend their support in ensuring the safe travel of their wards and all children on the bus. Being on time at the pickup and drop-off points would help keep the children safe and will ensure the smooth functioning of the transport department. Parents are requested to avoid calling the driver when he is at the wheel.
- With a dedicated transport in-charge, headed by a centralized team, the drivers and attendants are continuously briefed and checked. Surprise checks are conducted on the buses at regular intervals to ensure that all safeguards are in place.
- Children using our transportation services have been provided with Bus ID cards.
- Existing transportation routes provided are available here (selected routes only). This is an indicative list of localities that fall under the transport route provided by Ekya BTM Layout.
- The bus will stop at the allocated pick up point only.
- Door to door pick up will not be entertained.
- Students are allowed to use their allotted bus and bus stop. No change will be allowed without prior permission from the school authorities in writing.
- Pre Primary and Primary children will only be handed over to parent/guardian. In their absence at the point, the child will be brought back to school and parents are to pick them up from school directly.
- Students must not move around the bus while the bus is in motion.
- A student using the school bus is expected to be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus.
- Buses will not wait for latecomers.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
To access the school’s Transport Requisition Form, click here.
The above-mentioned processes are in all place, under the strict supervision of Mr. S.K Balaram, Head of Security and I.T and Mr. U.P Shivaram Reddy, Chief Administrative Officer. With their experience as part of the State’s Police Service, their leadership ensures that high-security measures are always in place.
As a school, we are dedicated to ensuring a safe learning environment for our children. We believe that safety and security is a shared responsibility of society and parents play an important role. We kindly request our parents’ support to ensure that our children are guided and educated in this regard.
We believe that it is important to protect the sanctity of our children and the innocence of their childhood. We’d also like to add that, as parents and teachers, we shouldn’t spread panic among children. Paranoia or suspicion towards men, such as our drivers, security, all of whom are earning their honest livelihood is unfair and sets a wrong example to children.