The topic for PBA in Maths was “Measurement”. In the activities conducted, students explored the process of measurement and its implications in a variety of contexts both inside and outside the classroom. This activity was conducted with the goal of developing a solid foundation for using instruments and formulae with skill and precision.
During this project, the students :-
• Estimated and measured the length, mass and capacity
• Relate personal referents (e.g. hand span) to standard units
• Explore methods for measuring bodily statistics such as weight, wrist and height
• Calibrate a 1 litre measure and use it to measure container volumes
• Estimate weekly water use
• Use mathematical language to express their results
• Work with others to achieve success.